T-errific, E-nergetic, D-ynamic, D-elightful, I-ncredible, E-ager, S-pectacular furry friends Copyrighted do not use anything from our website without our written permission.
What is a TEDDY...not all agree.
Here is the UKC Standard of
what is a Teddy Roosevelt Terrier :
The Teddy Roosevelt Terrier is an American breed descended from the terriers brought over by English miners and other working class immigrants. These versatile terriers probably included crosses between the Smooth Fox Terrier, the Manchester Terrier, the Bull Terrier, the Beagle, the Whippet, the Italian Greyhound, and the now extinct white English Terrier. These dogs were used as ratters, and soon became known as “Rat Terriers.” Two types of Rat Terriers evolved, distinguished primarily by leg length. The short-legged Rat Terriers developed a devoted following and were named in honor of President Teddy Roosevelt, who was once thought to have owned these ratters.The Teddy Roosevelt Terrier was recognized by the United Kennel Club on January 1, 1999.
The Teddy Roosevelt Terrier is an energetic, alert dog whose curiosity and intelligence make him very easy to train. He thrives on human companionship and will enthusiastically share any activity with his owner. The Teddy Roosevelt Terrier is a lively, friendly, affectionate dog with his family but can be somewhat of a one-person dog. With his strong protective nature and well-developed pack instincts, the Teddy Roosevelt Terrier gets along well with children (when raised with them), cats, and other dogs. He is a bold, tenacious hunter with seemingly unlimited energy whose size and endurance makes him an excellent hunter of squirrels and vermin. Teddy Roosevelt Terriers should not be sparred during conformation judging. This is a long-lived breed and it is not uncommon for one to live to 15 or 16 years of age.
What we look for in the Homes of our babies we place:
1, If you are a backyard breeder
DO NOT CONTACT US !
2. We look for homes with no more than one or two other pets. We want you to spend lots of time with your new baby. We know people are busy, but if you commit to getting a baby it deserves as much time as you can give it.
3. We will require the majority of the time a Spay/neuter contract before papers are released.
4. We will keep in contact and check on your babies...we love for you to send us photos, emails,text messages, join us on facebook ! We are a family!
5. All health testing or health issues will be honestly shared with you. Call us if you have an issue so we can let others know.
6. We expect you to always bring your baby back here if you cannot keep it for some reasons. We never want our babies or their offspring to end up in shelters or rescues.
7. I am very picky about my teddies that go to a show home. I mean I am very critical of their structure and personality. I only place the best of the best in show homes.
8. Others place everything for breeding or show no matter of structure that is not me.
9. If you want a quality puppy that is very much loved you may have to wait. I waited two years on the Teddy from Ohio..best wait of my life !
10. Show babies I look for someone with no more than two breeds,and less than ten dogs.( I try to stay at that number myself) I want the puppy to have lots of time with you.
11. I'm looking for someone patient, understanding, and willing to breed to the standard and have the same vision as I do in a Teddy.
12. With my show pups comes a strict contract to protect the name and the lines I am working with. I care about my reputation as a breeder... I follow all state laws and expect others to do the same.
13.Each pup will be placed on structure, health, temperament, and what is best for the pup and the family.
14. I do my homework to find out who is seeking a pup from me, because I care and want to know where they are going.
15. First and Foremost... I expect you to LOVE YOUR BABY !!!
Our Foundation : Barnett's Ginger Girl !
** We have two male pups available
*5-year Credit Replacement GUARANTEE see details on Puppy page .
See what you are feeding your best friend !!
**Visit our favorite photo gallery below. Click to enlarge.
PLL is a nasty disease
that effects many breeds...and with testing this disease can be eliminated in our breeding programs. We are seeing some new cases in our TRT's. Won't you please test your dogs prior to breeding. I have created a PLL fund to help pay for those sweet Teddies that are in need of expensive surgery to remove their eyes. Please consider donating. Will post where the money goes and how the dog is progressing. Before you purchase a puppy ask for PLL testing results on parents or pup ! At this time we only have two PLL carriers, and no affected babies and will breed to quickly eliminate PLL.
DM is a new disease that was once only believed to affect big breeds, but is now being identified in the small dogs as well. We have tested our babies, and will move forward to eliminate it from the Teddy breed with a little time. At this time we do have a few DM carriers, but no DM affected dogs. This is great news and we will soon eliminate DM as well.
Read more about these health issues on our Health Testing page.